Exercising your arm is a good way to find the pain relief you are looking for. While you won’t participate in the same strenuous activities that you did before the injury, there are some important upper arm pain exercises that will actually alleviate the pain so that you can get back to those activities. Some upper arm pain exercises will work the shoulders and upper back, because often times upper arm pain is caused by issues in those areas. When performing upper arm pain exercises, be sure to use the proper equipment to protect and support the arm. The Cho-Pat® Upper Arm Strap offers the upper arm the support it needs while you participate in upper arm pain stretches. In addition, the Cho-Pat® Bicep/Tricep Cuff, offers more support to the arm, helping to reduce the risk of more torn or stressed muscles or tendons.
Upper Arm Pain Stretches
The following upper arm pain stretches are the exercises you should perform to alleviate pain, strengthen muscles, and reduce inflammation: Shoulder Stretching
- In a sitting or standing position, cup your elbow with the opposite hand.
- Lift the elbow and pull it across the chest without rotating your body.
- Hold for 30 seconds, feeling the tension in your shoulder.
- Remove hold and relax, then repeat with the next arm.
- Continue this for ten repetitions, each arm.
- In a sitting or standing position, lift one arm up above your head and bend it so you reach towards your back, behind your head.
- With the opposite hand, gently push back against the bent elbow.
- Hold for 30 seconds, feeling the stretch in the tricep.
- Remove hold and relax, then repeat with the opposite arm.
- Continue this for 5-10 repetitions, each arm.
- In a sitting or a standing position, put your back up nice and straight, facing forward.
- Tilt your head to one side, as if you were going to put your ear on your shoulder, but don’t move your shoulder. Keep it relaxed.
- Hold for 30 seconds, feeling the tension in the side of the neck.
- Remove hold and relax, then repeat on the other side.
- Continue this for ten repetitions, each side.
Contact Us Today
To find medically approved tools to aide you in your upper arm pain stretches, contact Medi-Dyne today
at 800-810-1740 or 817-251-8660.