Are you suffering from heel pain? Chances are, you are in good company. Heel pain is one of the most common complaints relating to the foot.
Here are a few things you may not have known about heel pain;
- Millions of people receive treatment for heel pain each year.
- Many people live with it for a year or more before seeking help or finding a solution.
- While many people think they have heel spurs the more accurate diagnosis is often Plantar fasciitis.
- It is estimated that 1 out of every 10 people will suffer from Plantar fasciitis.
- 90% of the Plantar fasciitis cases occur after the age of 40.
- Factors that may increase your risk of developing heel pain include; weight, pregnancy, exercise, non-supportive shoes, tight muscles, age and occupation.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, about 90% of the people who have Plantar fasciitis recover with conservative treatments in just a few months.
- Supporting your heels with shoe inserts or heel cups can provide immediate relief from heel pain.
- Making stretching and strengthening part of your daily routine is the best way to prevent the occurrence or reoccurrence of heel pain.
- Maintaining flexibility throughout the lower leg is the best way to heal Plantar fasciitis.
For more information on Heel Pain Solutions or Plantar Fasciitis Treatmentsvisit the pain solution center at medi-dyne.com.
1. Physicians Sports Medical Journal, Interventions for treating
plantar heel pain, The Foot, Volume 11, Issue 4.
2. American Academy of Family Physicians,Plantar Fasciitis:
Evidence-Based Review of Diagnosis and Therapy, Am Family Physician.
2005 Dec 1; 72(11):2237-2242.
3. American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS),Inexpensive,
Off-the-Shelf Shoe Inserts More Effective In Treating Heel PainThan Custom-Made Arch Supports.
The post Suffering from Heel Pain? appeared first on Medi-Dyne.